With the rapidly increasing prevalence of dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders, the WHO has reiterated that CNS disorders will become the major medical need of the 21st century. Despite the level of investment in this space, CNS drug discovery and development has been riddled with failures, and has attrition rates higher than almost any other therapeutic area.
But have we now found the light at end of tunnel ?
Significant advances have been made recently to translate our understanding of disease pathogenesis into the development of potent therapeutics. Moreover, with the digital revolution the clinical trial design paradigm is rapidly changing.
The World CNS Summit: Targeting Neurodegenerative Diseases is your chance to challenge traditional thinking to reinvigorate drug discovery, development and clinical trial process across multiple neurodegenerative disorders.
This meeting will once again bring together the brightest minds in the field to:
- Harness innovation in novel therapeutic strategies targeting neurodegeneration to progress disease modifying therapies
- Redefine the use of pre-clinical models of neurodegeneration to enhance their application in translational research
- Advance translational biomarker discovery from target engagement to disease progression
- Enhance patient identification and stratification to inform translational research programmes and improve the success of clinical studies
- Identify how digital and mobile healthare revolutionizing our approach to CNS clinical trials
- De-risk later phase clinical trials through the correct utilization of target engagement studies
Join us and witness large pharma, biotech and leading research organizations demonstrate successes in novel targets and approaches outside the classical Aβ Tau as well as highlight novel in vitro, ex vivo, in vivo and in silico modelling techniques that are laying the foundations of clinical success.